Oil States Industries, Inc
POSITION SUMMARY: A Field Service Technician (FST) is primarily responsible for the installation, operation, repair, removal, and maintenance of company tools and other oilfield equipment.
• Field Service Technician I – This is the entry level field position within the various product lines. This position requires all 3 steps of one product line to be successfully completed to promote to a level II.
• Field Service Technician II – This position requires all 3 steps of two product line to be successfully completed to promote into a level III position to learn an additional product line.
• Field Service Technician III – This position requires all 3 steps of 3 product lines to be successfully completed to promote into a level IV position to learn an additional product line.
• Field Service Technician IV – This position requires all 3 steps of 3 or more product lines to be successfully completed and learning an additional product line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abides by all Oil States Energy Services, LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures, and abide by all DOT requirements. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
• Must abide by all Customer Safety policies and procedures while on customers job site.
• Installs, repairs, removes and maintains various company tools and equipment, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period.
• Drives and operates mobile crane truck, pickup and trailer to deliver tools over state lines up to 70% of the time depending on district location, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period
• Drives company vehicle on a daily basis in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, between each district and off site locations at scheduled time.
• Regularly inspects company equipment for preventative maintenance purposes. Assures proper operation, maintenance, applications and document repairs and/or damages of company equipment in a timely manner.
• Completes all paperwork on a daily basis in a timely manner as required by company and supervisor, including preparation and timely submission of accurate and thorough completion of job reports, driving logs, trip reports and call sheets.
• Performs maintenance and reports on all company vehicles, and/or company owned and rental equipment.
• May oversee job site services and provide direction to onsite labor when needed.
• Assists in job action planning with customer on location.
• Ensures proper delivery of product.
• Assists in the shop and make deliveries when available.
• Assists in pre-job safety meetings to include review of job safety analysis (JSA) process.
• Maintains open lines of communication with District Manager and Operations District before, during and after job completion. Ensures management is appropriately informed of area activities and attends meetings as required.
• Maintains open lines of communication with various customers regarding job updates, problems, tool procedures, and hazards on job site locations.
• Learn SOP’s and work instructions per respective product line.
• Learn hand signals for job site (crane operation and vehicles).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Must be proficient with a computer/laptop.
• Ability to work and drive in all weather conditions.
• Ability to travel to other facilities, if required.
• Ability to think quickly in emergency type of situations on job site locations.
• Ability to operate hand tools.
• Basic math and algebra skills.
• Must have mechanical abilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Familiar with tools and equipment utilized by company, preferred.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
• Must maintain a safe driving record as prescribed by company policy.
• Must successfully pass pre- and post-employment drug and alcohol tests per company policy.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES
• Valid class A CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain a class A CDL with airbrake endorsement within 3-6 months of employment per product line requirements.
• Upon receiving a class A CDL license, must maintain and carry a current D.O.T. medical card at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Oil States Industries, Inc
Website : http://www.oilstates.com
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.