HUSKY ENERGY INC
Yield Accountant Description at HUSKY ENERGY INC
- Professional Opportunities
- Operations & Trades
- Students & New Grads
- Work Locations
RadiusRadius5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 miles500 miles1000 miles2000 miles3000 milesGo
Experience Husky - one of Canadas largest integrated oil and gas companies
one of Canadas largest integrated
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2018 04:36:11 PM Unposting Date: Feb 27, 2018 02:59:00 AM
The Husky Energy Lima Refinery produces approximately two billion gallons of refined petroleum products annually, including jet fuel, diesel, and about 25% of Ohios gasoline supply. The Refinery has been in operation since 1886 and was acquired by Husky Energy in 2007. Husky is one of Canadas largest integrated energy companies and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the company operates worldwide with Upstream and Downstream business segments. The Lima Refinery represents a significant part of Huskys strategy to remain an integrated energy business.
The Lima Refining Company has an open position for a Yield Accountant.
The Yield Accountant position is primarily responsible for all activities related to support of the foreign trade zone at Lima Refinery and support of both the Yield Business Analyst A position and Fuels Regulatory Compliance Engineer. Duties include securing, tracking, reconciling, and data entry into the yield accounting system to assist the management team in making sound financial decisions.
- Support of foreign trade zone activity by submitting appropriate forms, providing and reconciling shipment and receipt data, and updating required documents in accordance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Interaction with outside consulting and government agencies (US Customs) is required.
- Responsible for Charge/Yield accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure accurate capture and reporting of inventories, receipts, shipments and tank to tank transfers for the Lima Refinery, validating all shipment and receipt data; tracking inventory volumes; and tracking and reconciling gasoline and diesel production and shipment volumes; and entering validated information into the yield accounting system.
- Coordinate all vacancy filling needs with YA (A) for financial monthly closings, annual closings, and any other vacancy need.
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of all data into the fuels compliance software.
- Conduct audits in areas of responsibility to ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of Lima Refining Company.
- Provide customer support to management, commercial, finance, marketing, engineering and marketing for all inquiries related to areas of responsibility.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Responsible for data extraction, organization, and input utilizing the following software: SAP, SequalServer, Aspen AORA, VDC, Borque, WKComply and the Microsoft suite of products.
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing procedures and tools in order to improve productivity, improve deadlines, and assist in the implementation of improvements.
- Dailey PTD record keeping
- Complete weekly/quarterly/yearly government reports as needed for the Refinery.
Associates degree or above in finance, accounting, business administration, engineering in lieu of industry related experience.
Basic MS Office Suite including intermediate Excel experience for data input, generating reports, developing spreadsheets, and building search queries.
Experience in oil and gas industry.
Excellent computer skills and proficiency using MS Office Applications specifically Excel.
Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems.
Ensures that information is correctly processed and that work complies with relevant internal/external rules, procedures and regulatory requirements. Checks work and corrects errors promptly and without extensive oversight.
Use initiative to independently recommend solutions based on logical assumptions and analysis of facts/data while considering constraints and impacts on the organization
Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, and other industry participants, both internal and external to Husky.
Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules, and deadlines.
Problem-solving orientation to identify key issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner.
Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
experience directly related to yield and inventory accounting
experience using yield accounting software (Aspen AORA, VDC, SAP).
The Lima Refining Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Sign up and manage job alerts for Husky Energy.
Email AddressArea of InterestsChoose at least one category and/or location from the auto-suggestions and click Add to subscribe.
- Accounting, Ohio, United States-
Upload ResumeWe encourage those seeking employment to create a profile and upload a resume so they can be notified for future career opportunities.Remove
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs
- Operations &
- Students &
Beware of False Recruitment
Husky Energys hiring process includes an interview with a Husky employee before any offer is made. Individuals selected for the formal hiring process will be contacted directly by Husky and an interview will be arranged.
Husky is aware that some job seekers receive false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as Husky. These individuals or organizations posing as Husky may ask for money, ID, passport, or other personal contact information. Husky does not ask for this information from job seekers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email ******************************.
- Legal Disclaimer
- Privacy Statement
2016 Husky Energy Inc.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
HUSKY ENERGY INC