Requisition ID 2018-25448
Work Location US-TX-Houston
Department / Discipline Project Engineering
Position Type Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer (junior level, with at least two years of experience), in the oil and gas industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
* Work safely according to the safety goals of the client, Company, and the project
* Assist design disciplines with their project and department deliverables
* Develop knowledge of company management controls systems including Pacesetter and Citadon
* Develop understanding of the project schedule requirements
* Develop understanding of key project design documents including P & IDs, Equipment List, Plot Plan, Line List, etc.
* Understand how requisitions are prepared
* Understand technical and commercial bid tabulations
* Understand importance of vendor data to the project and design disciplines
* Develop working relationships/connections within the discipline they are assigned
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Open, positive attitude, willing to be part of multi-discipline TEAM
* Self-starter - able to take initiative to identify and complete tasks
* Focused, accountable, passionate
* Ability to multi-task and use good judgment in prioritizing workload
* Expresses ideas clearly and concisely. Seeks to understand others perspectives. Keeps accurate and organized records
* Working proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Introductory skills with computer design/CAD
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess:
* Minimum two years of hands-on project engineering experience
* BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management or similar technical field
* EIT (highly desired)
* Internship experience (preferred)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?