Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Carson, CA, United States
Construction, Project Management, Accounting, Finance, Manager, Estimator, Energy, Oil Gas
Apr 06, 2020
Jul 20, 2020
Location Name: Carson, CA
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 2350 East 223rd Street, Carson, CA, United States (US), 90810
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Los Angeles Refinery has a vacancy for a highly motivated individual to fill a Project Controls Specialist position. The successful candidate will have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team environment. This individual will provide project controls and administrative support for the Turnaround and Construction group. Duties include being the single point of contact for iTAR for the Turnaround group, overseeing the construction work package transmittal process from Engineering to Construction, and supporting Project Controls in other capacities.
* Provides support in estimating and cost reporting in adherence to MPC standards.
* Monitors key metrics such as earned value, productivity, indirect to direct ratio to prepare forecasts for individual projects or turnarounds.
* Serves as the main point of contact in the Turnaround group for iTAR. This includes setting up new users, training users to use the Worklist, WSA, QA/QC/System Turnover functions of iTAR, and distributing weekly reports from iTAR showing Planning and WSA metrics.
* Oversees Document Control function for Turnaround & Construction. Receiving engineered drawings, managing in Access Database, and distributing to Construction Planning.
* Oversees 10 Year Turnaround Plan in Primavera and communicates high level milestones for each Event to all departments involved in Turnaround Planning (Turnaround, Operations, Engineering, etc.).
* Creates Purchase Requisitions, monitors daily/weekly cost on Project or Turnarounds, assists in preparation of forecasts, and reviews TRACK time and invoicing.
* Assists Project Controls in collecting information for monthly accrual process provided to Accounting.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Accounting/Finance, or an equivalent field is preferred
* Computer Proficiencies: Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Advanced Excel/Access Experience). SAP or Planning and Scheduling software a plus
* Experience Preferred: Minimum of four years of Project Controls experience preferred
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: None
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Website : http://www.marathonpetroleum.com