Buckeye Partners, L.P
Indianapolis, IN, United States
Administrative, Oil Gas
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of theTop Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® “Top Workplaces”, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's “Top Workplaces”, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Field Operations Assistant
with administrative support experience in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our growing team!
Provide administrative support to assigned asset team(s).
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
· Perform financial and budgetary duties by entering purchase requisitions and receipts, applying correct account codes on expense reports, invoicing, preparing and analyzing budget information and variance explanation and tracking, reviewing expenditure details and resolving discrepancies. Perform reconciliations for purchasing cards.
· Support multiple Operations Managers, employees, and responsibilities as assigned.
· Manage anywhere from $1-1.5 million dollars budgets. Track costs monthly to meet end of year budget spend – working with teams to ensure budgetary items are purchased and are accounted for prior to year end or accrued.
· Work with accounting to have new vendors setup - ensuring insurance requirements are met, and new vendor information is submitted. Follow up on existing Outside Service providers to confirm they have acceptable vendor grade in ISNetwork and if necessary provide contractor reports of OQ qualifications, as requested by field personnel or project managers.
· Maintain State Environmental Permits – NPDES, Air, Water, Aboveground Storage Tanks, Local Business Licenses, etc. and file manifests.
· Prepare and process AFE’s for local asset team members
· Assist project managers with financial management of local projects – Maintain Project Files; Remove Fix Asset (RITA), Reclassify Cost from Local Budgets to Project Funds as requested. Ensure quality control of weekly time sheet information by reviewing and approving data entered by field employees. Make corrections to timesheets before & after the rules engine runs.
· Organize asset team meetings by reserving conference rooms, assisting in the preparation of presentations, agendas, meeting requests, etc. Assist field employees in preparing memos, reports, presentations and other information needed for meetings or special projects. Manage the operation of the warehouse, which includes receiving materials from common carriers, entering inventory issues from stock, complete warehouse cycle counts, investigating and resolving any discrepancies between physical and book inventory records and ordering and replacing items used (for locations with warehouses).
· Facilitate compliance with Preventive Maintenance schedules by utilizing the Work Order system to report information on critical due dates. Work with teams to report discrepancies to the Compliance Department to ensure PM and equipment lists are accurate.
· Schedule and coordinate annual/semiannual equipment calibrations and call out services for equipment such as RVP, Sindie, Generators, etc.
· Provide training for new employees on multiple software applications.
· Provide accurate reporting for waste disposal and maintain local files on all hazardous/non-hazardous waste manifests.
· Perform packaging and shipping for locations. This may include shipping hazardous material samples (for testing, etc).
· Perform duties as administrator for Field Responsibility Intranet web site.
· Order office supplies and troubleshoot issues with printers, fax machines, computers, cell phones, vehicle information, etc. Maintain and secure new lease agreements for local equipment.
· Perform administrative duties for Training and Operator Qualification tracking and reporting. Enter new qualifications in tracking system and ensure monthly reports are posted.
· Schedule HAZWOPER, Smith Driving, CPR and other required trainings. Enter training activity reports for required team training in the learning management system.
· Screen incoming calls and greet visitors. Provide requested information to callers on subjects about which the incumbent is knowledgeable.
· Support District Work Team objectives and immediate needs.
· Provide assistance as requested from any other member of the District Work Team.
· Follow procedures for 3rd Party Damages – Collects all billing for the damages and assisting Right Away Specialist involving reimbursements.
· And other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline would be a plus.
· Significant, relevant administrative support experience required.
· Experience in field operations is a huge plus.
· Experience with budgeting or accounting is a plus.
· Must be proficient using Microsoft Office.
· Up to 20% travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
· None required.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· In order to be successful in this position, the individual must be articulate and capable of effectively communicating (both verbal and written) with both peers and superiors. Also, must possess good organizational skills.
· Incumbents must exercise tact, discretion and professionalism when dealing with callers and visitors.
· This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
· This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
· The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
· This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
· The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
· This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol regulations
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Buckeye Partners, L.P
Website : http://www.buckeye.com/
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is a publicly-traded master limited partnership (NYSE: BPL) that provides mid-stream energy logistics services. Buckeye owns and operates one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline networks providing refiners, wholesalers, marketers, airlines, railroads and other commercial end-users with dependable, all-weather transportation of refined petroleum products. The Partnership transports refined products by pipeline principally in the Northeastern and upper Midwestern states. Buckeye also operates and maintains pipelines that it does not own, primarily in the Gulf Coast region, under contracts with major oil and petrochemical companies. The combination of experienced and responsive professional staff, technical expertise and modern transportation facilities has earned the Partnership a reputation for providing high-quality, safe, reliable and efficient pipeline transportation services.