Oil States Industries, Inc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abides by all Oil States Energy Services, LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures, and abide by all DOT requirements. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
• Must abide by all Customer Safety policies and procedures while on customers job site.
• Installs, repairs, removes and maintains various company tools and equipment, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period.
• Drives and operates mobile crane truck, pickup and trailer to deliver tools over state lines up to 70% of the time depending on district location, and exhibit proficiency within a six month period
• Drives company vehicle on a daily basis in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, between each district and off site locations at scheduled time.
• Regularly inspects company equipment for preventative maintenance purposes. Assures proper operation, maintenance, applications and document repairs and/or damages of company equipment in a timely manner.
• Completes all paperwork on a daily basis in a timely manner as required by company and supervisor, including preparation and timely submission of accurate and thorough completion of job reports, driving logs, trip reports and call sheets.
• Performs maintenance and reports on all company vehicles, and/or company owned and rental equipment.
• May oversee job site services and provide direction to onsite labor when needed.
• Assists in job action planning with customer on location.
• Ensures proper delivery of product.
• Assists in the shop and make deliveries when available.
• Assists in pre-job safety meetings to include review of job safety analysis (JSA) process.
• Maintains open lines of communication with District Manager and Operations District before, during and after job completion. Ensures management is appropriately informed of area activities and attends meetings as required.
• Maintains open lines of communication with various customers regarding job updates, problems, tool procedures, and hazards on job site locations.
• Learn SOP’s and work instructions per respective product line.
• Learn hand signals for job site (crane operation and vehicles).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Step One (6 months minimum):
o Learn to operate man basket at job site locations.
o Learn proper positioning of equipment such as a crane truck on job site (spotting).
o Administrative duties in regard to DOT logs, trip reports, call sheets, etc.
o Learn to inspect all equipment and units assigned.
o Learn testing, greasing, gauging and maintaining tools and valves assigned.
o Learn flange sizes, bolt sizes and ring gaskets.
o Learn proper storage of all tools, flanges ensuring all is secured properly.
o Learn calculations, measurements.
o Learn proper maintenance of assigned tools and vehicles.
• Step Two (6 months minimum):
o Properly complete a service order/field ticket.
o Learn Field Service Inspection Manual.
o Operate a crane and obtain the NCCO certification.
o Learn procedures for a screen-out environment.
o Learn operations of hydraulic accumulator.
o Learn calculations for hydraulic force.
o Direct and oversee less experienced team member.
o Assist in training and mentoring FST’s in step one or two.
o Conduct on-site safety meetings.
o Direct communication with managers, Service Company and Company Man and to ensure zero problems with jobs.
o Learn the functions of the other service companies at jobsite as they use our tool.
o Accurately complete all required documentation.
• Step Three (18 months minimum):
o Must be able to complete a job order sheet per the customer job request
o Must be able to analyze, run and manage all aspects of a job.to include troubleshooting complex jobs.
o Knowledge and ability to identify multiple applications through the isolation tool.
o Proficient in tubing wellhead isolation, casing wellhead isolation, stage frac tool, coil tubing frac head and plug valve.
o Must have working Knowledge of Engineer’s Handbook.
o Proficiently run up 20,000 lb wellhead isolation tool.
o Proficient in spacing and measuring dual sized applications.
o Complete isolation valve sign-off sheet.
o Audit DOT logs, trip reports, call sheets etc. of technicians assigned to job.
o Inspection of all equipment and units assigned.
o Proper maintenance of assigned tools and vehicles.
o Direct and oversee less experienced team members.
o Accurately complete all required documentation.
o Training and mentor FST’s in step one and two.
o High job proficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Must be proficient with a computer/laptop.
• Ability to work and drive in all weather conditions.
• Ability to travel to other facilities, if required.
• Ability to think quickly in emergency type of situations on job site locations.
• Ability to operate hand tools.
• Basic math and algebra skills.
• Must have mechanical abilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Familiar with tools and equipment utilized by company, preferred.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
• Must maintain a safe driving record as prescribed by company policy.
• Must successfully pass pre- and post-employment drug and alcohol tests per company policy.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES
• Valid class A CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain a class A CDL with airbrake endorsement within 3-6 months of employment per product line requirements.
• Upon receiving a class A CDL license, must maintain and carry a current D.O.T. medical card at all times.
• Must be able to frequently lift and move materials up to 95 pounds.
• Requires pushing and pulling up to 140 pounds of force, bending, standing, kneeling, carrying, sitting, climbing for extended periods of time each day.
• Requires appropriate PPE to be worn; safety glasses, steel toe boots, ear plugs etc.…
• Requires exposure to moderate noise levels.
• Exposure to warm, hot and cold temperatures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Oil States Industries, Inc
Website : http://www.oilstates.com
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.