Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Company Name: MARATHON PETROLEUM COMPANY
Location Name: Jewett, OH
Location Address: 46700 Giacobbi Road, Jewett, OH, United States (US), 43986
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver's License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: First Shift
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and recovery of propane, normal butane, isobutane, and natural gasoline from the mix feed received at the plant through a pipeline and from truck delivery. The position will have the ability to give assistance to construction, measurement and instrumentation on an as needed basis.
• Participate and practice all aspects of the MarkWest Safety program and procedures.
• Participate and practice all aspects of the MarkWest Environmental program and procedures
• Reporting any unsafe condition or situation that would compromise the integrity of any MarkWest equipment or location.
• Monitoring of engine and compression performance.
• Prepare, record and maintain all necessary logs, reports, data and required record collection
• Possess the ability to read and understand P&ID's and Process Control
• Possess complete knowledge of the Hot Work Permit Program and serve as Lead in facilitating and authorizing the program at their designated plant area.
• Maintaining clean and safe working environment.
• Assure products meet specification for loading or for feed to other units for fractionation.
• Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
• Be able to manually shut entire plant down in case of malfunction and restart plant in a safe, time efficient manner.
• Adjusts controls automatic or manual, to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shutdown equipment.
• Walk through the process area and tank area to verify safe and efficient operating conditions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• In the absence of supervision, report any incident or accident in any part of the plant area, monitor and record all visitors to the plant
• Assists in writing operations procedures and changes for Process Safety Management.
• Must have strong understanding of the plant process and all plant equipment.
• Ability to use plant computer system.
• Ability to manually turn heavy valves, climb process towers.
• Ability to respond physically, quickly and safely to any upset in the plant.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
Contractors and other associated service providers as required.
• Must meet all requirements and be efficient in performing all tasks associated with the Operator B position
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years' related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must hold a valid Driver License and have an excellent driving record
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical, drug test and background check
• Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
• Applicants must be professional, have a positive attitude and be a team player
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Ability to train and motivate others.
• Ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute many tasks at once.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used: The material and equipment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's third-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: None
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Website : http://www.marathonpetroleum.com
Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation. The company refines crude oil and other feed stocks at its seven refineries in the Gulf Coast and Midwest regions of the United States; and purchases ethanol and refined products for resale. Its refined products include gasoline, distillates, propane, feed stocks and special products, heavy fuel oil, and asphalt. The company is headquartered in Findlay, Ohio.Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is in the business of creating value for our shareholders through the quality products and services we provide for our customers. We strongly believe how we conduct our business is just as integral to our bottom line. As a result, we strive to always act responsibly with those who work for us, with those business partners who work with us, and in every community where we operate.