Oil States Industries, Inc
This position will develop, design, and conduct various safety related training programs and subject matter within specified regional company locations to new employees and existing employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abide by all Oil States Energy Services Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures.
• Develop, implement, and properly conduct training programs regarding employee safety procedures and accident protection and prevention to educate new hires and current employees on company and applicable regulatory safety standards to reduce injury rates.
• Coordinate with District Manager and HSE Region Manager to schedule and conduct New Hire Training, Weekly Training, as well as renewal classes at one, two and three year intervals after initial new hire training.
• Train all employees on all required OSHA, Oil Companies, and Oil States Energy Services classes and policies as applicable to their position; train Tool Operators in general facility and field procedural knowledge and performance standards for the position including proper vehicle, tool and safety equipment requirements and usage, paperwork completion, and effective customer and service company relations.
• Assist field trainers on building and redressing various Isolation tools, testing procedures and parameters of various tools, such as rates, PSI rating, I.D., O.D., bolt sizes, ring gaskets, etc.
• Develop and distribute educational materials to aid in the communication and education of employees regarding safety compliance standards; provide updated information to all Tool Operators to ensure consistent safety knowledge.
• Compile and provide various reports to front-line supervisors and managers, as well as upper management to communicate the progress and efficacy of company training programs, making recommendations for improvement.
• Assist managers in the field locations with timely completion and submission of new hire paperwork to ensure all needed Safety is included in departmental files.
• Perform periodic inspects of company facilities and vehicles; recommend corrections, changes or additional precautions to ensure compliance with established OSHA, EPA, DOT and company regulations.
• Work with Field Trainers to ensure that new employees comply with classroom education to include driver logs, trip reports, etc.
• Conduct quarterly audits on all facility paperwork including but not limited to, crane inspections, trip reports, drivers logs, scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance, call sheets, service orders etc.; conduct follow up inspections 30 days after initial inspection to ensure compliance with all company and regulatory standards.
• Observe employees while working in the field to monitor performance and ensure proper safety and operating procedures are followed; perform tool inspections with all operators in the field to ensure correct procedures are followed.
• Perform road test including pre- and post-trip inspections, with all employees that operate motor vehicles for company business, and DOT road test with all employees who operate Commercial motor vehicles to ensure proper vehicle performance and employee knowledge of proper safe driving standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• HS&E degree in related field preferred
• HSE related certification(s) a plus (e.g., OHST, ASP, CSP)
• Must have knowledge of common best training and safety practices for the oil and gas industry.
• Must be familiar with a variety of the Oil/Gas field concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Must possess solid working knowledge of all tools and equipment utilized by the company.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess intermediate computer skills utilizing various programs in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as various training software; must possess the ability to learn company or industry specific applications.
• Must be detail oriented and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks, and be able to multi-task utilizing effective time management to meet stringent deadlines.
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide as well as perform some algebraic calculations.
• Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills to foster effective and consistent working relationship with co-workers, managers, and external customers.
• Must have and maintain a safe driving record as defined by company policy.
• Must be able to travel for extensive amount of days and be on call 24/7.
• Must be able to drive over state lines up to 70% of the time depending on district location.
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
• Must be team oriented and be able to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to occasionally work extended hours as necessary.
• Two – three year’s experience in Oil and Gas Field required
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ supervisor experience preferred
• Valid state issued drivers license
• Commercial Driver’s License, class “A” a plus
• Obtain training certifications for certified training classes within first year.
• Two – three years direct health, safety, environmental, and/or DOT work experience preferred
• Must be able to exert force to occasionally lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to frequently push, pull, bend, stand, kneel, carry, sit, or climb for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work in an environment where safety glasses, steel toe boots and ear plugs are required to be worn at all times.
• Must be able to work in an environment where moderate noise levels are present.
• Must be able to work in an environment of varying climates including warm, hot and cold temperatures.
• Must have good manual dexterity to perform daily tasks, operate computers and other standard office or Warehouse equipment.
• Must have vision and hearing within normal range.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Oil States Industries, Inc
Website : http://www.oilstates.com
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.