Marathon Petroleum Company LP
539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Relevant Experience Level:
Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Regular - Full Time
MPL is seeking an highly motivated individual who will have the opportunity to optimize their assigned pipeline system(s) to save operating costs and generate revenue for MPL while ensuring a high level of service to MPL’s shippers. A scheduler interfaces with shipper scheduling personnel, connecting carriers, the Operations Center, and field personnel to plan, communicate, and manage the monthly movement schedules. Schedules are developed to optimize system utilization, hydraulics, and operating costs while minimizing contamination and the intermixing of products and crude. This scheduler opportunity within Marathon Pipeline's (MPL) Operations and Logistics is in the Crude Oil Movements group or the Products Movement Group.
1. Remains on call 24 hours/7 days per week to adjust schedules for problems due to operational upsets or emergencies.
2. Plans pipeline schedules to optimize pipeline utilization, hydraulics and operating cost such as energy, DRA, etc.
3. Reviews and analyzes requirements of customers to determine proper batch size, sequence and timing at origin and destinations points.
4. Communicates with scheduling personnel of shippers and connecting carriers to develop proper timing and grades of receipt and deliveries.
5. Provides appropriate schedules and instructions to shippers, connecting carriers, the Operations Center and field personnel and updates these to reflect changes in batch size, sequence, timing, origin, etc.
6. Identify business growth opportunities by understanding MPL’s critical success factors and utilizing market information as well as implementing schedule efficiencies.
7. Identify synergies by working with shippers, connecting carriers, MPL field personnel and Marketing & Transportation Engineering (M&TE) to minimize system downtime.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a business related discipline is preferred. Knowledge of downstream operations and/or pipeline operations is preferred.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 25, 2018
About **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's second-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.9 million barrels per calendar day in its six-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,600 independently owned retail outlets across 20 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Primarily through MPLX, MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude oil and light product pipelines. Also through MPLX, MPC has ownership interests in gathering and processing facilities with approximately 5.9 billion cubic feet per day of gathering capacity, 8.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas processing capacity and 610,000 barrels per day of fractionation capacity.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Ref, Terminals, Pipeline
Up to 10%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation
to submit your application, please ****
. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Website : http://www.marathonpetroleum.com