Southern California Gas Company
Careers :: Job Detail
If you are returning to our site, please update your profile before clicking the button. Once you click , you will not be able to edit your profile.
Email A Friend
Requisition Number: 17-32806
Job Title: Storage Field Engineer - GCT, Aliso Cyn., PDR
Area of Interest: Program/Project Management
Functions as the underground storage compliance reporting engineer who directly communicates with regulatory agencies. Provides technical support to underground storage engineers, collects pertinent data, QA/QC, troubleshoot, and submits required state and federal compliance reports, including but not limited to California Division of Oil and Gas Production and Injection reports, FERC, PHMSA, and EIA. Applies a high level of technical expertise to solve operational data problems identified by the engineers or other organizations. Primary focus is data collection, analysis, and coordinating input from, and participation with, various departments within the Company as needed to meet regulatory compliance objectives.
- Data collection, interpretation, analyses for accuracy and completeness utilizing Microsoft Office Suite from multiple data sources to submit ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Regulatory reporting
- Manages the operation and maintenance data of the gas storage reservoir to fulfill compliance reports.
- Monitors, directs testing, and maintains records to assure prudent and safe operation of wells and storage zone.
- Provide technical expertise to one or multiple project teams for the evaluation of, and resolution to, engineering data problems and designs involving various engineering disciplines.
- Ensure that changes in regulatory or code requirements are reflected in the appropriate local policies, reports, and in the modifications to applicable underground storage assets/databases.
- Take a leadership role in introducing efficiencies to compliance reporting, plan and implement.
- Manage and supervise a technical specialist to conduct federal, state, and internal reporting.
- Respond to data request on an as needed basis.
- Manages oil production operations and assists local Storage Field Management in the maintenance of field service facilities including pumping units, gathering plant processing equipment, and wastewater handling.
- Manages oil shipping and reconciles sales and associated revenue. Assures that operations and maintenance of wells and reservoir are in compliance with all federal, state and local requirements.
- Assists local Storage Field Management in the maintenance of surface facilities and assures compliance with all federal, state and local requirements.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline, Masters in Mathematics or a related discipline is highly desirable. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in oil and gas operations.
- Must have a working knowledge of petroleum software and proficient with excel, databases and other computer skills. Process knowledge and programing, writing macros is highly desirable
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.) highly desirable.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical and non-technical information and concepts with various levels of management in both formal and informal settings.
- Ability to provide direction and guidance to fellow engineers and non technical staff.
- Coordinates the activities of, and has overall responsibility for, multiple, concurrent projects and/or tasks, which require the ability to plan and manage work load so that assignments are completed on time and in proper priority.
City: CA Various
State / Province: California
Posting End Date: 02/20/2018
Southern California Gas Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with state and federal law. For more information, click on the following link:
Email A Friend
Southern California Gas Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and endeavors to make the online job application process accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the job application process and would like to request assistance or accomodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at **************, or email: *******************************************. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire about the status of applications.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Southern California Gas Company
Website : http://www.socalgas.com