Sgs Automotive Services Inc
Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of ships, barges and pipeline transfers of petroleum, petrochemical and chemical products.
• Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel’s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
• Calculates and reports quantities transferred and perform all reconciliation of same.
• Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
• Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
• Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SGS.
• All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
• Assist in other branch duties as assigned (Dispatching, filing, sampling disposal, etc.).
• Provide guidance and assist in the training of Inspector Trainees.
• Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
• High School degree or general education degree (GED).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
• Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
• Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to:
• Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
• Must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet high.
• Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
• Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
• Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
• Must have flexible schedule and be available to work rotating shift. Able to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments. This may include working on-call.
• Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
• Must have insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment.
• Must successfully pass pre-physical/drug/alcohol testing (including annual). Must maintain active driver’s license, TWIC, and adhere to OSHA requirements for respirator fitting.
• Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
Sgs Automotive Services Inc
Website : http://www.sgs.com
SGS provides worldwide, independent services that make a difference in people’s lives. Our international experts help you operate in more efficient and sustainable ways by streamlining processes, improving quality and productivity, reducing risk, verifying compliance and increasing speed to market. Our core service activities cover all industry sectors and touch the products and services that consumers around the world rely on every day. Wherever you are in the world, in whatever industry, you can rely on our international teams of experts to provide you with specialized business solutions to make your business faster, simpler and more efficient. We partner with you to offer independent services that will help you reduce risk, streamline your processes and operate in a more sustainable manner. You can find out more about how we can help you reach your objectives by viewing our corporate video. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.