Oasis Petroleum, LLC
Job ID 2018-2188
Oversees and maintains a specific geographical area of responsibility for the Land and Land Administration group insofar as Division Orders. Responsible for reviewing title, title opinions, agreements and curative to create ownership decks. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of tasks and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The position will report to the Division Order Supervisor, and will be located in downtown Houston, TX. Level and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Essential Job Functions
* Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and accuracy of record title ownership division of interest in both billing and revenue
* Ensure the timely payment of royalties in accordance with state statutes
* Process all probate information and transfer documents from interest owners in order to maintain a correct division of interest
* Maintain and correct divisions of interest when payouts and recompletions occur
* Analyze title opinions, land contracts, operating agreements, oil and gas leases, broker reports, curative, well and regulatory documents, conveyances, probate and heirship data and other legal documents to determine ownership and lease burden relationships for production proceeds from oil and gas wells
* Work with landmen to clear and cure title
* Review & discuss division order log on a monthly basis for completion of handling owner inquiries
* Coordinate with accounting to insure proper and timely distribution of revenues and deck preparation
* Research legal suspense items
* Review and translate legal documents/transfers of title to perform mass changes in Enertia Land System
* Verify GWI/NRI on outside operated division orders
* Familiar with working Escheat
* Assist with training and mentoring of new college hires and Division Order Analysts, Division Order & Land Techs and Land Assistants
* Perform quarterly audits on suspense funds and SOX controls
* Handles administrative support, file research and data input assistance for the Division Order team
* Performs routine data input and administration activities within the Enertia Land System
* Maintains accurate name and address data for lessors, payees and partners
* Performs detailed analysis of title opinions and legal documents to determine title ownership and identify/resolve identified issues
* Researches ownership through laws of descent and distribution/interest succession
* Responds to inquiries from mineral owners, title attorneys, other third parties and internal staff regarding property interests.
* Handles administrative functions for a geographical area which includes filing, scanning, reviewing and logging mail, division order mail outs and any other administrative duties associated with working an area
* Works on other projects as needed or directed by management
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
* High School degree or equivalent
* 3 years of experience as a Division Order Analyst
* Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
* Must be well organized and flexible
* Possess strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to balance multiple priorities
* Ability to communicate both written and verbal
* Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelors degree
* Experience with Enertia Land System
* Experience working with state and federal leases within the Williston
* Division Order experience in Texas, including University Lands
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Oasis Petroleum, LLC
Website : http://www.oasispetroleum.com
Oasis is the premier operator in the Williston Basin, possessing both coveted assets and creative people that drive the success of the Company. We are on the forefront of technology deployment, operational efficiencies, and infrastructure development. Our 492,000 net acres in the Williston Basin are highly concentrated and are prospective for the Bakken, Three Forks and other potential horizons. As we develop this acreage position that is in the heart of the play, we expect to increase long-term shareholder value while maintaining a conservative balance sheet. We have a long history of acquiring and exploiting oil and gas assets; which has been characterized by capital discipline coupled with differential views of the market. While we have a great track record of rapidly growing production and reserves, we do not subscribe to the idea of growth at any cost.