UP Professional Solutions
The Electrical Inspector needed in Geismar, LA
The Electrical Inspector
• Execute the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
• Issue/Review of the relevant quality records and, when necessary, support the development of non-conformances reports.
• Review of as built drawings.
• Facilitate checks of power distribution equipment: transformers, switchgears, Motor Control Centers, Panelboards, as well as low voltage equipment and systems such as: batteries, lighting, convenience outlets, electrical heat tracing, grounding.
• Facilitate execution of electrical testing of medium and low voltage motors and drives.
• Perform visual inspections, dimensional test, checks rating and material for connection.
• Facilitate different standard electrical tests including the following: continuity, insulation resistance, function checks, current and potential transformers, protective relays.
• Witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
• Verify the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan.
• Assist management by assisting with verifying Electrical Equipment Preservation compliance via personal surveillance.
• Support management by actively participating in Systems Acceptance tasks.
The ideal Electrical Inspector
• Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, engineering guides, general specifications, and good engineering practice.
• Previous construction experience within the oil and gas industry.
• Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives.
• Hazardous Area installation and inspection experience is an advantage.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a comparable role.
• Working knowledge of NEC/OSHA/NFPA codes and standards relating to electrical work, safety legislation and regulations.
• Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation relating to electrical work.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Package.
• Familiar with other computer packages (e.g. MS Project, Outlook, WinPCS, etc.).
UP Professional Solutions
Website : http://www.uppros.com
Where matching engineering, project controls and other technical professionals with employment opportunities in the oil & gas, utilities and specialty manufacturing industries continues to be our passion - and the hallmark of our success - for over 30 years. A national WBENC-certified agency headquartered in New Orleans, UP is recognized as a leader in technical staffing serving Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas and many locations beyond.