Oil States Industries, Inc
Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? Be part of what’s next!
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries. Oil States recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees.
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for an Lab Technician I.
Under direct supervision, set up and test production testing as well as Research & Development (R&D) parts for the Aerospace group. Build test fixtures, record data, and review test procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Testing of production parts as required by MIP’s.
• Testing of R&D parts as required.
• Build & setup test equipment.
• Calibrate test gauges and pressure transducers.
• Generate and maintain various reports concerning production and testing.
• Understand and assist in machine setup and production.
• Ensure current testing procedures are being use.
• Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Two years of related college coursework; or high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of related testing experience, preferably in the rubber industry or a related field.
• Computer proficient (Email, Microsoft Office, etc.).
• Able to take direction from supervision and work as a team for all work activities.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in mathematics.
• Excellent planning & organizational skills.
• Able to read tape measure, calipers, Pi tape, and dial indicators.
• Able to use cutting equipment and hand tools.
• Prolonged periods of standing.
• Pushing & pulling.
• Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Exposure to chemicals.
Due to the nature of certain client contracts with Oil States Industries, US Citizenship is required for work conducted for these clients. Permanent Residency is not acceptable. Non-native US Citizens (not born in the United State) may require additional approval and may have special restrictions.
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 70 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Oil States Industries, Inc
Website : http://www.oilstates.com
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.